This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
The Coach House at Lodge Farm is a new conversion of a former Georgian Coach House. It is situated at the end of it's own gravel driveway, with nearby links to the A10. There is plenty of parking close to the entrance with no steps to access the property. The property has level access to all rooms on the ground floor, including a bedroom. There are 5 bedrooms, sleeping 8-10. The bedroom is on the ground floor sleeps 1-2 in either singles (twin) or a super kingsize bed. The village centre of Hilgay is 1 mile away on a very slight and gradual hill.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01366 377943 or email us
For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is PE38 0HL to get directions.
There are 2 turnings into Hilgay from the A10, one at each end of the village so:
From Ely direction on the A10: Just after the Wildfowl Trust sign on the left, take the turning marked 'Hilgay 1mile' onto Ely Road, pass a small lay by and 'Lodge Farm Cottage' on your right, turn right just after this into the driveway marked ‘LODGE FARM’ on a stone monolith. There is a green Coach House sign. Please slow down once you turn off the A10 as it is very easy to sail past!
From Downham Market direction on the A10: You will come through the village centre, over the river. Continue for a mile or so out of the village, past the play area/school/houses and down the hill. There are no houses for a short distance, just some fields with horses. You will find Lodge Farm on the left after a bend, marked with the 'Lodge Farm' monolith and green Coach House sign. If you find yourself turning back out on the A10 again you have gone too far.
Come on in, through the green gates, The Coach House is in front of you. There is plenty of parking.
The address is:
The Coach House
For further details of the property location see:
Anna, the owner, will be at The Coach House to welcome you upon arrival and to show you around. Should you be arriving later, please let us know what time to expect you.
There is plenty of parking next to the entrance of the house. The parking area is gravel leading to a paved porch area, with no steps.
The area is well-lit with porch lights, a flood light in the garden and lights along the front of the house.
• The front door is 900mm wide.
• There are no steps with level access to a wide hallway with seating.
• The hallway is well lit with porch lights, an overhead light and a lamp.
• The floors is tiled with smooth ceramic tiles
• The stairs and landing are well lit with ceiling and wall light, also a night light illuminates the landing when the lights are off.
• Passageways are 900mm wide.
• The floor covering is short pile carpet.
• The staircase has 14 steps with a handrail which extends around the landing to bedroom 4 (master with ensuite) and the family bathroom. The steps are a modern addition, 200mm high each and not steep.
• The sitting room/lounge is on the ground floor with level entry from the hallway.
• The door opening is 802mm
• The room has a mixture of seating with sofas and soft chairs with arms as well as some high chairs with arms, together with a low coffee table.
• Furniture can be moved.
• There is a 50" widescreen digital TV with remote control, surround sound, subtitles and a DVD player.
• Lighting is natural daylight and by night levels are controlled by lamps, wall and ceiling lights.
• The flooring is travertine marble tiles with a non-slip finish and is under-floor heated.
• There is a wood burner with fireguard.
• There is a wide double patio door leading to the rear courtyard, there is one external step down.
• The dining room is situated on the ground floor with level access to the stairs, utility room and hallway.
• The property has a large combined farmhouse kitchen-diner.
• The clear door opening width is 802mm to both the hall and the utility.
• The dining table (moveable from side to side) has 2 pedestal legs, with 702mm claer height underneath the dining table.
• There is free space around the table.
• 5 moveable chairs with padded seats and backs, 1 long wooden bench.
• Lighting is natural daylight with wall, ceiling and spot lighting.
• Flooring is under-floor heated ceramic tiling.
• The kitchen diner is on the ground floor with level access from the hallway and utility room.
• Door openings are 702mm.
• The door of the oven drops down and is 706mm from the floor to the bottom oven and 1203 mm from the ground to the top small oven and grill.
• The hob is 902mm from the floor.
• The work tops and sink/drainer are 902mm from the floor.
• Lowest drawer of fridge 204mm from the floor.
• Height of wall cupboards is 1403mm from the ground.
• Crockery and pans are in a low cupboard.
• There is a dishwasher and freezer, at the height of low cupboards.
• Glasses and cups can be moved to a lower cupboard, please request this when booking.
• There is 1 bedroom on the ground floor with a single, twin or superking bed. On the first floor there are 2 double rooms with en suites, a twin room and a flexible room.
• Space next to beds:master bed 1 - 2500 twin - 230mm, upstairs single - 2405mm, master bed 2 - 2300mm downstairs single 906mm
• Height from floor to top of mattress: master bed - 507mm, twin - 550mm, upstairs single - 700mm, master bed 2 - 503mm, downstairs single - 700mm
• Clear space under bed: Master bed 1 - 700mm, twin -18mm, master bed 2 - 13mm. Single beds have no space under.
• En suites door width - 700mm, WC from floor to seat - 402mm, height of washbasin - 800mm, shower cubicle door width - 706mm.
• On the ground floor there is a WC with washbasin, near to the downstairs bedroom. Step free level access. Door opening 800 mm.
• WC from floor to set 402mm
• On the first floor is a bathroom, with bath with grab rails and hand held shower attachment on the taps. There is also a wall-mounted shower with glass screen over the bath. WC and basin heights as before.
• All basins have illuminated mirrors over with shaver sockets and ceiling spot lights.
• Non-slip tiled flooring.
• The utlilty is level access from the kitchen, smooth tiled floor. Access to courtyard via on step.
• Clear door opening width is 708mm
• Single mixer tap
• Very well lit with natural light, spotlights and a pendant.
• Paved and gravel rear courtyard. Wooden table and chairs, bench, tree bench, BBQ, sunshade and storage shed.
• Large fron garden with picnic bench and log benches, shaded by mature oak trees, level lawn and gravel driveway. Paved path 800mm wide and gravel to bin area.
• Playhouse with toy tractors.
• Information regardsing hospitals, doctors, supermarkets and local services detailed in the welcome folder and in the guest information letter sent prior to arrival.
• We have plans to install an additional level access shower downstairs, within the next few years.
• We will be reviewing the general information on our website to make it more accessible, comments are welcome to assist us with this.
Address (Inc postcode): Lodge Farm Ely Road Hilgay PE38 0HL
Telephone: 01366 377943
Hours Of Operation: Open every day, all year